Thursday, January 4, 2007

Dragon eyes

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com
Risa asks
I want to make a soft sculptured dragon that has really cool eyes - I don't want to use those dumb wiggly eyes or just the brown animal eyes in the craft store. What can I use instead?


As long as you don't need eyes with a shank on them you can use eyes from a taxidermist. They are normally flat backed or slightly concave. I have used alligator eyes for a dragon myself and they are fabulous! I buy my eyes online from VanDykes Taxidermy.

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.comI have also bought their fish eyes to use with, well, stuffed fish. If you browse through their selection of glass eyes I'm sure you'll find something that will work. The hardest part is figuring out what size you need in millimeters! To attach them, just use an appropriate glue.

Send a photo when you're done!
Judi

No comments: