Sunday, April 15, 2007

Where to find clear glass paperweights for decoupage

Darlene says:
I'd like to know where to find clear glass paperweights. I saw some in the Oriental Trading catalog but I wonder if there are other higher quality (but reasonably priced) paperweights for sale. I want to use them for decoupage.

I only found one company that had cheaper prices than Oriental Trading, and it was only about 30 cents cheaper per item. So you would have to check on shipping costs to see the bottom line cost. There really isn't a way to compare quality online. I haven't dealt with this company so I can't endorse them. I have bought from Oriental Trading Company before and haven't had any problems with them.

A lot of times the search terms you use really define what you find. Pay attention to what the companies you research are calling the paperweights. I found a lot of sites calling these blanks. So you can search online for glass blanks and see what you can find.

Best of luck,
Judi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your thoughtful answer. Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Hello Judi and other fine crafters,

I noticed you referenced my company in your answer, thank you kindly. If you would like a free sample of our clear glass paperweights, just let me know. Use the link in your posting, scroll to the bottom and click on the email or contact us page. Again, thank you.

John