Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Can you use different solders with one soldering iron?

Katrina asks:
I would like to know if I can use copper solder with my soldering iron that I use for tin soldering without damaging my soldering iron as it seems to have a special finish on the tip. Thank you

The answer is yes, you can use it without damage.

We asked Annaliese's dad, the Soldering King.

Best of luck,
Dawn M Schiller - Odd Fae and Autumn Things

Online Workshops
Faery Wings
Sculpting a Realistic Face

1 comment:

BeatingArt said...

Yep, I switch back and forth between no lead and leaded solder.
No problem...i use only unleaded solder on my charms etc. that will be directly on my skin... for safety..but at my age it isn't lead poisoning that will finally get me.
Sidney
aka: beadlishous@yahoo.com