Saturday, January 20, 2007

Knitting video clips

Tara asks:
Can you recommend a good website that has video clips on basic knitting? I'm stuck at home and can't get books or DVDs. Thanks.

Sure, I can do that. Try Knitting Help.
I don't have any affiliation with this site but I think her video clips are easy to follow. She shows both continental style and English style (which is what we Americans use mostly). There are supposed to be 150 free knitting videos available. I've watched a few and I really like her style. She goes really slowly and repeats the steps. You can learn to cast on, to knit, to purl, all your basic techniques. Then you can view clips on advanced techniques like working the heel of a sock, knitting with 2 colors at one time and more. I think this might just be what you are looking for!

Judi

No comments: