Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Secret of flower arranging

Michelle asks:
I want to make a silk flower arrangement for my guest room but I don't know where to start.

I took a class in flower arranging many years ago and one thing stuck with me - the teacher stressed that your main flowers were to be placed in a triangle and all your other flowers go around it. So - put your foam base into your vase/bowl and take an odd number of your main flower and arrange them in a triangle. Always use an odd number as that is more interesting visually. Then take your other flowers and fill in with them. You can cut the flowers off the stems they came with and attach them to floral picks using floral tape. Fill in any spaces with something small and airy like baby's breath.

You might find books on floral arranging in your local library too. People forget that the library is a wonderful source of information.

Hope this helps!
Judi

No comments: