What's the best way to paint cloth doll fingernails?
I think this is pretty much a personal preference. There are quite a number of ways to do it. After you have drawn your fingernail shape (making sure to leave some fabric showing on the sides)you can either...
1. Color it in with gel pen or colored pencil
2. Use real nail polish (although I don't know what it would do to the fabric in the long run).
3. Color it with pen/pencil and give it a layer of Royal Coat Dimensional Magic (for shine and dimension).
4. Put on a coat of colored Crystal Lacquer (gives shine and dimension). Can be 'pulled' out for long fingernails.
5. Glue on false fingernails that have been cut down to doll size.
Hope this helps,