How do you make paper beads?
Here's a quick tutorial:
Colorful Paper(wrapping paper, magazine, catalog)
Toothpicks or 1/8" dowel
UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel)
1. Cut your paper into triangular strips - width will depend on how wide you want your bead. Length will depend on how fat you want your bead. Just play with it. You can start with 1/2" wide by 2 1/2" long.
2. Roll the paper up on the toothpick or dowel. Secure the end with a bit of glue.
3. Tie/glue fibers on it if you want. Stamp on it or add more color.
4. Dip it into the UTEE which has been liquified in the melting pot.
5. When cool, remove toothpick/dowel.
This method makes your beads stiff. If you don't have UTEE you will need to roll your beads on a drinking straw and leave the straw inside the bead. You could also try spraying them with varnish to harden.
Hope this helps,