Can you find me the instructions for Wonder Under. When I search all I get are companies that sell it, I'm getting really frustrated. Thanks.
I can understand that! If you are looking for something like this it is best to search on the company name rather than the product name. But to answer your question here are the instructions for Wonder Under from the Pellon website:
805, 807, 725 Wonder-Under®
The paperbacked adhesive web that turns any fabric into a fusible fabric.
Fuses fabric to fabric or to a porous surface such as wood or cardboard. For denim, canvas or other heavy fabrics, use
Heavy Duty Wonder Under, when extra holding power is needed. ALWAYS PRE-TEST.
Has no grain - can be cut and applied in any direction.
Finished item can be washed or dry-cleaned; according to the fabric's care requirements.
1. PRESS & CUT
* Place rough side of Wonder-Under against wrong side of fabric. Press for 5-8 seconds with hot, dry iron. Let cool, draw desired shape onto paper backing, then cut
* Alternative method: Trace shape onto paper backing, cut to size, then press, rough side down, onto fabric. (Note: To avoid backward letters and numbers, draw on rough side of Wonder-Under with ballpoint pen. For dark fabrics, redraw shape on paper side.)
2. Step 2: PEEL & FUSE
* Gently peel off paper backing. Position fusible fabric, web side down, on the project. Cover with DAMP press cloth.
* With iron at wool setting, press FIRMLY for 10-15 seconds. (Heavier fabrics = more time.) Repeat, lifting and overlapping iron until all fabric is fused.
* Remove press cloth and iron fabric to eliminate excess moisture.
* Tip: Use your damp press cloth as a temperature and timing guide. After 10 seconds, press cloth should be dry. If not, raise iron temperature or hold iron in place a few seconds longer.
* Tips: With “fat/thin" or "heavy/light" fabric combinations, fuse from thinner or lighter side. If necessary, "baste" first by ironing on the right side.
* Washable, dry cleanable
* Machine wash Warm, Delicate cycle.
* Do not use fabric softner.
* Tumble dry Low.
* For hems: Cut and press strips ofWonder-Under to hem allowance. Peel off paper, turn up hem and fuse.
* For layered appliques: Press Wonder-Under onto fabric and cut out base shape. Use Wonder-Under to fuse details to applique, then peel paper backing off base and fuse completed applique to project. If desired, machine stitch around edges of applique.
o Create reversible fabrics or sturdier projects by fusing two layers of fabric together with Wonder-Under.
o Cover wood or cardboard items, such as room dividers, valances and boxes, with fabric using Wonder-Under.
* For best results, store unused Wonder-Under by rolling it onto a tube (Instead of folding).
* Overtime, if Wonder-Under separates from the paper, it can still be used. Simply place the web on the surface to be fused, cover with the Wonder-Under release paper, and press with a hot, dry iron. Fabric, web and paper will stick together. Proceed with directions for cutting, peeling and fusing.